Sunday, March 1, 2009

Achoo

I cannot seem to concentrate

Everything's a chore, of late

My head is pounding

And I can't think straight

 

Itchy, runny eyes that tear

Discomfort fills my inner ear

Inflammation grows

And I can barely hear

 

My eyes flutter and almost close

As pressure in my sinus grows

Tingling sensations

Tickle my nose

 

I'm sneezing, wheezing

And barely breathing

My lips are chapped raw

From chronic mouth breathing

 

Pain in my throat makes me weak

Easing comfort is all I seek

As I'm unable to swallow

And can't even speak

 

Yes, laryngitis – that's my thing

With a choking phlegm that really does cling

I pray for the relief

A healing would bring

 

It's every day stress

And mental duress

That's making me

Such a physical mess

 

I gargle and sleep

And try not to weep

I don't complain much

Since I can't make a peep

 

The dry cough I could do without

Hacking like that just wears me out

But that's what's next

I have no doubt

 

Time after time

It's the same, I find

So I know I will fight

This mucus and slime

 

Getting better, I cannot force

This just has to run its course

And when my voice returns

Naturally, it will be hoarse

 

That's okay, I say to myself

Thinking about what is true wealth

It's certainly not riches

It's more about health

 

So, this will pass and go away

And I'm looking forward to that day

But until it gets here,

What can I say?

 

Winter colds suck!

 

Muculently Yours,                              

- M J

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: